Terms & Conditions
For the purposes of the following terms & conditions,
Wedding Disco Party has been abbreviated to 'WDP'.
1. No deposit is required, there is an administration fee of £100.00 to cover initial costs and will also secure your selected time & date.
The administration fee will be deducted from the total hire cost and is non-returnable.
2. The balance of the fee should be paid, either by cash, credit/debit card, PayPal or BACS no later than one month prior to your event.
3. A cancellation prior to the event will result in no fee payable, providing WDP has received the cancellation in writing and that it has been received no later than two months prior to the event. Cancellations less than two months will result in a charge equal to 50% of the agreed fee. Cancellations less than one month will result in a charge equal to 100% of the agreed fee. (some exemptions may apply)
4. The hirer is to ensure that there is access to the venue for an adequate amount of time, dependant on the venue, both before and after the event, to allow for the setting up and removing of the required equipment.
5. Any costs and losses resulting from damage to, repair of, or loss of items belonging to WDP by person or persons attending the function, will be payable by the hirer. A rough estimate of any costs will be given by a member of the WDP team at the event, and a full estimate for the costs will be sent out within 14 days, followed by an invoice once all costs have been finalised.
6. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that there are adequate power points in the venue (2 x standard 240 volt 13 amp sockets). If there are insufficient power points, WDP reserve the right to reduce the amount and power of the equipment, or if totally unsuitable, cancel the event. In this case no refund will be offered.
7. Should the management of the venue deem that the event is to finish earlier, than the agreed time between WDP and the hirer, then the event will finish at the time deemed by the management, and as this is out of WDP's control, no refund will be given.
8. Any member of the WDP team reserves the right stop the event at any point if they feel that their safety, the safety of the equipment, or the safety of any person(s) attending the event, is in danger. If any member of the WDP team are abused either physically or verbally by any person attending, the event will be stopped and no refunds will be given.
9. In the highly unlikely event of equipment failure, totally due to circumstances beyond the control of the hirer or the venue, then a refund will be offered reflecting the time the event was due to finish.
10. If at the agreement of the hirer, the venue management and WDP, the event is to go on longer than the agreed finishing time, then an additional charge will apply.
11. Photographs and videos of the evening may be taken by WDP for use in promotional material, and on this website. Children under sixteen years will not be photographed. If there is any other person that the hirer should wish not to be photographed or recorded, please inform us at the start of the event. Any pictures or videos taken during the evening will remain copyright of WDP.
12. If the hirer is to promote or advertise the event via any media, please contact us if you wish to use WDP in the promotional or advertising material.
13. WDP may place on this website the name(s) of, and link(s) to websites of, the hirer and/or organisation(s) that are involved with the event. It is the hirer's responsibility to inform any such organisations that link(s) to their website(s) may be used. If the hirer or any other organisation wishes for their name/website links not to be used, please inform us.
14. Should you book other entertainment such as a singer or band to work with WDP please make sure there is enough space available. We require a minimum area of 2.5m deep by 3m wide for a standard disco.
15. The person hiring MUST be over the age of 18 years. For persons under 18 years of age wishing to hire WDP, a person over the age of 18 years MUST sign as hirer, and that person is therefore responsible for adhering to the terms and conditions of the contract.
16. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment licenses. WDP is not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
17. WDP operates at all times with public liability insurance cover. This cover provides protection for both us and your guests. Our cover is only applicable to accidents or occurrences directly involving equipment or actions that form part of WDP. At no time will our insurance cover any accidents caused by the negligence of the venue, your guests or any other party or service provided at your venue.
18. By engaging our services, through whatever means, constitutes acceptance of the above terms & conditions.